Pages

15 May 2012

Addiction Has No Cure

About a month ago I mentioned something about how I was a week behind my television shows. I'm painfully addicted to TV. Need photographic proof?

this was me watching Community sometime last week. I think. obviously I follow so many shows that I can't remember if this was last week or not. Well look way down in the corner. See it? Here, let me zoom in for ya...
That's right. That shelf - just behind my weights - is Caprica, Castle, Chuck, Community, How I Met Your Mother, Life on Mars, Pushing Daisies, and Game of Thrones. And that's just the front row... Have you realized that I'm a nerd?

I think my count for this past season was up around 25 different shows. The full following is far far greater than that. There are fall season shows, summer season shows, guilty pleasure shows, shows that I plan epic re-watching sessions year after year. There are shows that I can pick up at the drop of a hat and shows that I have to start from Season 1 Episode 1 every time without fail.

I didn't used to be like this. Growing up, television was not a high priority. I grew up like every other stereotypical Asian child - the focus was on school and homework and my studies - work first then play. It's been drummed into my head for so long that its hard to find the time to switch off. So I went through junior high and high school focused on my school work. 

And then I found it - these glorious television shows. season upon season of detachment for me. Like any proper fan of the fantasy fiction genre the first show that became the all time favorite was Firefly. That poor poor show. How I love thee. I met the Browncoats and joined their ranks. In return, they introduced me to Buffy, Angel, Stargate, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures... the list goes on and on and on and on!

College had me branching out into other shows that didn't necessarily fall into that nerd clique that I love so much. Weekends were spent with marathons of House, Deadliest Catch, Weeds, Pushing Daisies, Ace of Cakes, Chopped, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Thanks to my new found love of shows from across the pond, I fell in love with Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes and Black Books. And since shows change season after season, my tastes change time and time again :)


Alphas, Angel, Ashes to Ashes, Avatar, Battlestar Galactica, Being Human, Black Books, Bones, The Borgias, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Caprica, Castle, Chopped, Community, Dead Like Me, Doctor Who, Dollhouse, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Downton Abbey, Eureka, Farscape, Firefly, Food Network Star, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Futurama, Game of Thrones, GCB, The Guild, How I Met Your Mother, iCarly, Instant Star, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The Legend of Korra, Legend of the Seeker, Life on Mars, Merlin, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, Necessary Roughness, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, Phineas & Ferb, Pushing Daises, Psych, Raising Hope, Red Dwarf, Revenge, Robin Hood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids, Scandal, Sherlock, The Soup, Suburgatory, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek, Suits, Torchwood, Veronica Mars, Warehouse 13, Weeds, 6teen

65
I told you I was addicted.... So excuse me while I go and catch up on The Borgias.

No comments:

Post a Comment